Re: Remaining tasks?

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 07:55 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Federico Mena Quintero
> <federico ximian com> wrote:
> > Do you want to do that?  I could pick another TODO from the list
> > (svn:externals is making me pretty eyes), or start writing the docs
> > we'll need for people.
> >
> > [Or I can continue with the hooks and start figuring out how to port
> > them.]
>
> Okay, I read up on what you have all put on the wiki.  Helping with
> porting hooks or comparing git imports to svn checkouts was what I had
> in mind before, but it looks like those are already being tackled.  I
> could work on converting the new-svn-repos script.  I suspect that
> just means initializing a new repository with the appropriate hooks
> for the most part (plus making sure it will run within whatever
> restricted shell we have set up), but I'd like to look at the script.
> I couldn't find it easily and can't log on to svn.gnome.org to look at
> the copy there.  Anyone know where I can access it?  What else would
> be good to work on...documentation?

See:

 /home/admin/bin/run-svn-or-special-cmd
 /home/admin/bin/create-repository

On any machine (you should be able to log in to git.gnome.org, since
I added you to a newly created gitadmin group)

I think Federico is planning to work on docs, though the more the
merrier on that.. coordinate with him.

Other tasks off the top of my head:

 - Validation - not much here yet. It's going to be a little
   hard to get started until Kristian has a repo or two tentatively
   converted to work from, but there's some initial work even to
   figure out what we want to do. (And Kristian can hook you up
   with at least an initial stab at pango, catch up with him on
   irc.gnome.org:#git)

 - Theme cgit to look like a GNOME website

- Owen