RE: IP 163.221.102.*, 163.221.190.*: Unallowed automated access tobugzilla.gnome.org

Dear Olav Vitters,

My name is Hajimu Iida, working as a professor at software design lab. at Nara Inst. Sci.& Tech. Japan.
First of all, I would apologize for the massive access to your site bugzilla.gonem.org.
Just after seeing your message forwarded, I have ordered to all of our staff and students to stop all access including manual ones.

I knew some of our students are accessing to your site to get some engineering data for scientific analysis for their MS thesis, but I haven't realized the way and the amount they are accessing.

Please understand that all of us have no intention to obstruct your development activities at all
(out lab is researching software engineering including analysis of open source projects).

I promise that I never allow our staff and students to make automated massive access to gomne.org. from now.
I will cooperate if further investigation or reaction is required.
So, please don't block entire of our campus, and hopefully, please remove our blocked IP addresses from your blacklist. We will never make the same mistake in the future.

Again, we are so sorry for your inconveniences we have caused.

Sincerely yours,

===
Hajimu Iida, Prof. Ph.D. (iida itc naist jp)
 Software Design Laboratory (http://sdlab.naist.jp/),
Graduate School of Information Science,
 Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
Takayamacho 8916-5, Ikoma city, Nara 630-0192, Japan tel/fax +81-743-72-5141