Re: New attributes in LDAP. Comments?

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 12:27:06AM +0300, Baris Cicek wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 11:01 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> > I don't pretend to know much about LDAP. I'd like to add some attributes
> > (fields) to the current LDAP schema. Partially based on the debian
> > design (userlib-ldap.. or something like that)
> >
> > See attached for the schema.
> >
> > I wonder about the foundation fields. Basically, if someone hasn't
> > renewed for 2 years, it means they're not a member anymore. I'd love to
> > have LDAP query which allows this. Seems I need a different comparison
> > function or something (only found out yesterday). This is not yet in the
> > schema.
> There should be four cases: a. Not Member b. Member c. Expired d.
> Resigned

I think I have that now.

> Having those four cases we could also merge foundation database with
> LDAP. Indeed FoundationMember should be separate ObjectClass. And it can
> be used for only foundation members (using this necessity of field Not
> Member disappears).

Perhaps, I am not sure whether I want yet another objectclass. IMO I
could just have a group for that. However, seems that LDAP doesn't
support something like that as nicely.

e.g. I want to have a search which returns all userids, cn, mail for
everyone in the group 'foundation'. Not sure how to do that. Think you
need to query first on foundation uids, then fetch the rest of the
attributes.

> > I'm using the format YYYYMMDD to store the date. This would allow me to
> > easily(?) compare it.
> Timestamps are always easier to do calculations and printing output (at
> least that's valid for PHP).

Is there a timestamp in LDAP then?

Olav