Re: New attributes in LDAP. Comments?

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 11:01 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> I don't pretend to know much about LDAP. I'd like to add some attributes
> (fields) to the current LDAP schema. Partially based on the debian
> design (userlib-ldap.. or something like that)
>
> See attached for the schema.
>
> I wonder about the foundation fields. Basically, if someone hasn't
> renewed for 2 years, it means they're not a member anymore. I'd love to
> have LDAP query which allows this. Seems I need a different comparison
> function or something (only found out yesterday). This is not yet in the
> schema.
There should be four cases: a. Not Member b. Member c. Expired d.
Resigned

Having those four cases we could also merge foundation database with
LDAP. Indeed FoundationMember should be separate ObjectClass. And it can
be used for only foundation members (using this necessity of field Not
Member disappears).

> I'm using the format YYYYMMDD to store the date. This would allow me to
> easily(?) compare it.
Timestamps are always easier to do calculations and printing output (at
least that's valid for PHP).