Re: post-commit msgs to -devel lists w/ full diff and commit msg

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 04:47:32PM -0600, Gabriel Burt wrote:
> On Dec 30, 2007 2:37 PM, Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org> wrote:
> > 3. It creates problems for svn-commits-list (bigger mails = slower mail
> > + and one point mailman will ask moderators to approve it).
>
> I don't understand what you are saying here about moderators - can you
> explain in more detail?

There is a size limit for mails to a mailing list. It can be customized.
However, it does stop spam, so just raising it to a high number won't be
helpful. Every so often a valid commit msg is stopped due to the size
limit. That will happen more often if a diff is added.

Olav