Handling of (inactive) GNOME accounts

Hi,

as GNOME gets more and more accounts it is only natural that we have
more and more unused accounts. People get MIA[1], find different
interests or simply lost interest in GNOME.

To reduce the security risk caused by unused open account, and also to
get the number of Developers to reflect the reality, i'm going to setup
an infrastructure to manage MIA people.

Basically i want handle this issue so:

Server side:
mysql with a database structured in this way:

mysql> describe developer;
+------------+---------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field      | Type    | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
+------------+---------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| id         | int(11) | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| auth_token | text    | NO   |     |         |                |
| login_name | text    | NO   |     |         |                |
+------------+---------+------+-----+---------+----------------+

Client side:

people will receive a mail by me/accounts team, asking to follow some
instruction.

Here is a DRAFT of the mail.
hello $DEVELOPER,

You received this mail because you are a Developer/Translator
of the Gnome Project

Please follow this link: http://master.gnome.org/~rsetti/accounts.php

Please copy and paste this authorisation token in the input box.
$AUTHTOKEN

The system will automagically set your Status to Active :)

ciao,
Riccardo Setti on behalf of the Account Team

Now before i setup the entire infrastructure i wanted hear back the
opinion of ?all? sysadmins and the account team people :)

1. Missing In Action
--
ciao,
giskard