Re: www.gtkmm.org hosting

> On Sun, 2006-07-09 at 14:37 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
>
>> > seems like we might not have the sysadmin resources to really support
>> > extra web sites.
>
> GNOME projects are not extra web sites, really. We should find a balance
> between project websites requirements and sysadmin realistic resources.
>
> Murray, it would be great if you could  start a list of requirements
> based on your own needs for gtkmm.org. Then we can improve these
> requirements checking with other GNOME projects, and after that we
> "negotiate" with the sysadmins what can we really offer.

gtkmm.org is probably the simplest web site possible, because I like to
keep things simple, and I wanted to be able to easily move the site to a
different host. It's just HTML with SSI, with no interactivity.

If gtkmm.org uses the same system as www.gnome.org - svn/cvs checkout at
the moment, then I'll be reasonably happy about it, and I can move it away
again fairly quickly if necessary. I think I'm being too cautious. So,
I'll happily wait for the svn transition and try hosting gtkmm.org on the
GNOME servers.

> With this we get a official and documented offer to GNOME projects.
> Those happy with it can come and be served. Those with special needs can
> try to increase the requirements accepted or go elsewhere.
>
> None of this solves your problem now, it will be helpful in the future
> though. Feel free to suggest a timeline for the planning process at
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/DevelopmentTimeline

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com