dict server

Hello all,

Following up on bug 167366, I am hereby asking if it would be possible to run a dictionary server on gnome.org.

The current default dictionary server for gnome-dictionary is dict.org, but that one is really only useful for english queries.

Users can add their own dictionary servers but very few people will know how to do this and where to find the right one for their language. Of course, we can add a few defaults but since we don't control them, there is the risk of dictionary servers disappearing.

To solve this problem, I think it would be useful to host a dict server on gnome.org. More languages/sources could be added over time without requiring the user to change settings in his software.

I'm interested to hear what you think.

Reinout van Schouwen