Re: Setting up drupal for GUADEC

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 12:33 +0100, Quim Gil wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I guess most of you are in happy-new-year mode, sorry for coming with
> boring stuff.  :)
>
> http://beta.guadec.org is the official beta site of GUADEC now. The core
> functionality is working but at a server's level there are still some
> details that need to be tuned.
>
> We need some admin intervention and I'd like to know which is the
> appropriate way to make requests, and to whom, assming that
> support gnome org is the default option.

There's not really a single answer here:

 - #sysadmin on IRC *may* get you fast action, on the other hand,
   there may be no-one around with admin access. Worth a ping
   usually.

 - support gnome org is the right official channel and your request
   won't be list; but the set of people reading the RT queue
   doesn't necessarily correspond to the set of people with
   the access/knowledge to execute it.

 - gnome-sysadmin gnome org will be seen by the right people,
   if it doesn't get lost in the torrent of spam and spew.

Ross may have a firmer recommendation.

> For instance, we need ModRewrite in order to show clean URLs instead of
> those with ?q= i.e. http://beta.guadec.org/?q=node/34

Here we either need:

 A) A tested set of RewriteRule statements to add to the conf file
    (What Andy posted to guadec-list didn't work; make sure that
    the rules take care of the pages that need to be accessed
    statically, like theme .css files, and so forth.)

Or:

 B) A minimal configuration change to allow mod_rewrite to work
    from your .htaccess. (Minimal here means not "AllowOverride all")

A) is slightly preferred but we could go either way.

Regards,
						Owen