Re: Subversion on container

เมื่อ อ. 2006-02-07 เวลา 12:57 +0800, James Henstridge เขียนว่า:
> Joe Shaw wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 00:27 +0700, Ross Golder wrote:
> >

> >>The only thing that I can see we will lose from the migration that we
> >>don't have with CVS is the Bonsai interface.  Several people have
> >>suggested that Bonsai isn't really that important anyway, and that we
> >>worked perfectly well without it for a year or so before I
> >>semi-resurrected it.
> >>

> >I use Bonsai quite a bit to read patches that go into modules I'm
> >interested in.  However, with svn's atomic commits and ViewCVS it should
> >be a lot easier to do this.  Can ViewCVS show diffs of full commits (not
> >just files) when using subversion?  If so, Bonsai's utility is basically
> >zero and we should replace the Bonsai URLs in commit emails with ViewCVS
> >ones after the migration.
> >

> ViewCVS also comes with a script that can be used to populate a bonsai
> style database with information about Subversion commits.  This can be
> used together with the viewcvs query interface to provide the same
> features as Bonsai.

Ah, handy. So I setup the [cvsdb] section of the viewcvs.conf file at
http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/ to use the 'bonsai-svn' commits database
that was generated with the recent test migration. It now gives a 'query
database' option, but for any given query it errors with:

  File "/usr/local/www/viewcvs-gnome/lib/cvsdb.py", line 312, in
SQLQueryListString
    sqlList.append("%s%s%s" % (field, match, self.db.escape(data)))
AttributeError: Connection instance has no attribute 'escape'

Any ideas?

--
Ross