Re: Subversion on container

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 11:54 -0500, Joe Shaw wrote:
> I use Bonsai quite a bit to read patches that go into modules I'm
> interested in.  However, with svn's atomic commits and ViewCVS it should
> be a lot easier to do this.  Can ViewCVS show diffs of full commits (not
> just files) when using subversion?  If so, Bonsai's utility is basically
> zero and we should replace the Bonsai URLs in commit emails with ViewCVS
> ones after the migration.

Yes it can, at Opened Hand we use svn_maillog and some magic in the
postcommit hook:

#!/bin/sh
REPOS="$1"
REV="$2"
svn_maillog "$REPOS" "$REV" "commits o-hand com" "commits o-hand com"
"Diffs at http://svn.o-hand.com/view/matchbox?rev=$REV&view=rev";

Picking a random revision, say 123, gives this:

http://svn.o-hand.com/view/matchbox?rev=123&view=rev

Pretty cool, it must be said.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com