Re: SVN access for people working on temporary projects

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 03:04 -0400, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi there,

Hi,

> This is a question for when we'll have switched to svn. One issue I
> believe we had for the Summer of Code this year is that students had no
> place where to put their code on gnome.org.
>
> I'm wondering if it might be possible to provide access to some sandbox
> in the future, for students working on SoC, or more generally, for
> temporary projects (which might evolve in real projects).
>
> Ideas?

I think the main problem is not the repository, but the account.  I had
this very same problem with my WSOP student.  She still has not got her
code into any repo, and I didn't want to misuse my Account Team access
creating her an account.

But with a separate repo like you suggest, we can give away accounts
without requiring a minimum of contribution.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Dan Bern, "New American Language"