Historical deployment methods

Hi,

Owen and Jonathan, I recall that you guys have mostly been doing the machine
installs for the last while - is that right?

I'd like to find out how you went about installing them - did you kickstart
them with a common config file, install normally using the 'minimal install'
choice, install normally and select particular sections or packages to
include, etc...?

Thus far, I don't believe we have any kind of SOE or documented installation
recipe. I'd like to change that, particularly looking at fresh machines like
label and planning for upgrades and service migration in the near future.
Defining common configurations and deployment methodology will assist with
off-site testing and automation opportunities - two things that will vastly
improve our service delivery and reliability.

Thanks,

- Jeff

    "Professor Tanenbaum did not convince AdTI that Linus Torvalds wrote
        the Linux kernel from scratch." - Ken Brown, Sponsored Moron