Re: Subversion on container

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 01:01 -0400, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > One repo? I was considering having one Subversion repo per CVS module.
>
> This is probably the simplest path given the size of our repository (and
> the fact that we did perform manual surgeries in the early days more
> than we should have).
>
> The only downside is that we might loose the ability of grouping,
> branching and tagging multiple modules at once.  Not a big loss, but its
> cute.

I think the first step is to replicate what we currently have and ensure
the features and functionality are maintained. After the dust settles we
might look into grouping, branching etc etc. Who knows, it may be at
that point that we ask the SVN people to hack up code for us.

I think we should try to take advantage of the featureset(s) of SVN that
suit GNOME, but only once SVN is replicating what CVS has been doing.
Walk first, run later.

$0.02.

./k

kurt von finck