Re: Friends-of-GNOME database [Re: Modifying GNOME-About to count users]

> This would include things like:
>
>  - email addresses
>  - whether they've opted in to receive GNOME updates
>  - when available, snail mail addresses
>  - contribution history
>  - event attendance history

All this can be done with Drupal/CivicSpace. The CRM module [1] pointed
by Luis is running already in many projects, we are developing a site
for an organization that includes it.

Drupal has LDAP integration [2] as well, just in case this is relevant.

Drupal is already a robust and consolidated piece of software. If
instead of writing new code from scratch we spend half this time in
improving whatever we need from Drupal, we will help this interesting
project and its great community.

Oh, and they got 11 bounties in Google's Summer of Code. This is also
like a warranty that somebody else thinks it's a good piece of code to
promote.

Quim