Re: Request for Brazilian website and list

On พฤ., 2005-12-15 at 15:04 -0200, Guilherme de S. Pastore wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> Lucas Rocha and I, the Brazilian people really involved with GNOME, have
> been doing quite some work on getting things moving around here. Some
> time ago, there was some effort guided by Tim Ney, if I'm not mistaken,
> to create a Brazilian GNOME Foundation, and people just messed it all
> up, and now we're trying to bring it back to life, reorganize our
> translation infrastructure (which, let's say, is not too well served by
> SourceForge and CIPSGA, another local project), create strong user
> groups, an everything-about-GNOME-in-Portuguese website, and so on.
>
> We have put a roadmap on http://live.gnome.org/GnomeBR some time ago,
> but hadn't managed to ask this until today, when a website was required
> for the project's subscription to the largest FLOSS event in Brazil.
>
> Do you think it would be possible to have br.gnome.org (with content
> hosted on window) and a gnome-br list? Lucas and I are available for any
> question anyone might have.

I don't see a problem with this request. I'd suggest checking any
content for your 'br.gnome.org' site into a 'gnome-br-web' module in CVS
for starters, then give us another shout and we'll set up a DNS entry an
Apache virtual host, and some scripts to keep the site up-to-date from
commits to the CVS module.

I've created a gnome-br-list gnome org  You should have received the
admin password via e-mail.

Ross