Re: Virus scanning experiences

<quote who="Owen Taylor">

> > - in which case the sending server will handle the bounce. Anything that
> > makes it to amavisd gets scanned with both spamassassin and clamav. A
> > few virii/spam leak through from time to time, but a fraction in
> > comparison to the total according to the logs.
>
> Hmm, we probably don't want to to run spamassassin system wide ... we can
> get more flexibility by running that from Mailman.

(Running spamassassin system-wide via amavis can be good to root out the
horribly obvious muck before it even hits the mailman queue. Then you have a
second-line defense within mailman with tougher thresholds and moderation.)

- Jeff

          "And up in the corporate box there's a group of pleasant
   thirtysomething guys making tuneful music for the masses of people who
    can spell 'nihilism', but don't want to listen to it in the car." -
                            Richard Jinman, SMH