Re: lxr/bonsai

On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 18:47 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Sorry if this has been discussed before, but the archives for this list
> are not online yet. Maybe it's a very new list.

No. The list archives for all lists have also been down for quite a
while, due to corrupted Namazu indexes. It's on our to-do list.

> lxr/bonsai have been offline for a long time now, and I don't know of
> any plan to get them back online. I'm finding it very difficult to
> maintain my modules without them.

Understood. Also on the to-do list.

> Can I speed things up by offering to install it for you? I'm not much of
> a system administrator, but I have installed them before, and I
> documented it so that someone else could do it quickly too. I wouldn't
> be of much use as a regular member of the sysadmin team, however.

Fair enough. If given sufficient access, roughly how would you go about
installing them?

As I understand it, we have a fairly strict RPM packaging policy,
whereby you will also need to provide SRPMS of any packages or
dependencies you install. If you provide (links to) the SRPMS, I'd be
willing to attempt the install on the webserver.

Ross