Re: [GNOME-India] Indian govt requesting participation

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 3:37 PM Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek chauhan gmail com> wrote:
Hi Sri,

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 12:16 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
> Amit Savant from the Indian govt would like to invite GNOME community members from India and is looking for people who could or want to be invited.
>
> They will be formally be launching  OpenForge in the International Conference on eGovernance (ICEGo017: http://www.digitalindia.gov.in/content/icegov-2017)
>
> I would love to see participation on our end, and most of all talk about the GNOME software stack to government folks.  An invitation by the govt to the GNOME community would really open the door for GNOME.  I'm hoping some saavy would be willing to attend!

I'd be interested and available to attend this. Looks like the CfP is
over otherwise I might've submitted a talk. :)

Should I just register on their website via open registration or would
Amit like us to register via some other route?

Amit asked me for contacts, so I assume he will handle the details once I make the introduction.  I might also ask our new ED if this is worth attending as well, since I think there might be some fundraising opportunities as well.

Even if the CfP is over, we should see if they wouldn't mind doing BoF talks.  We should negotiate what we can. :)

I'll wait till tomorrow, so I send one list instead of just feeding him a list.

Thanks guys for responding, much appreciated!

sri

Cheers,
Nirbheek