Re: [GNOME-India] Few comments on the Project day proposal

On 8/25/07, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <sankarshan mukhopadhyay gmail com> wrote:

> The added bits look awesome, do we have speakers on this - you might be
> better placed to cajole folks out of the woodwork - what say ?

Ofcourse, but i would rather not make a public statement since there is more
to it than me wishing at the event. Also the drumroll speaker announcement
we do later on would lose shine if we know who is coming now :-)

> > I would really like to add:
> >
> > 1) Tutorial on glib/gtk/gstreamer/gobject
>
> Do you want to put some limits on what can be done with the tutorial ?

This is theoretical anyway, We will fine tune the actual content with the
speaker.

> > 2) Gnome Cool Talk: All new cool things in gnome: Clutter, Online
> > desktop, Tracker.
> > 3) Mobile Gnome: Hildon Desktop and Ubuntu Mobile Initiative. Talk about
> > problems fixed, how we could improve the toolkit much like the one at
> > Guadec.

> > 4) Lightning talks: 1 hour session.
>
> Any topics off the top of your head ?

We will keep an open house, hook up a machine with the latest and
greatest in gnome
to a projector and let people come up on stage and show and talk!

Cheers,
Shreyas