Re: Where are we on this ? > Re: [GNOME-India] Response from Linux Asia
- From: "Mahesh T. Pai" <paivakil vsnl net>
- To: gnome-in-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Where are we on this ? > Re: [GNOME-India] Response from Linux Asia
- Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 19:45:50 +0530
Hema Seetharamaiah said on Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 11:11:28AM +0530,:
> individually and as a company. I will look into the possibilities
> and revert.
1. A mention on your homepage
2. An Indian mirror for packaged binaries and sources ;)
3. A write up at someplace like gnome.wipro.com or wipro.com/gnome
about what you people are doing with GNOME.
4. Do make it a point to use the term `swatantra software', if your
finance managers find `free software' unpalatable.
5. Do remember to give back to the community whose efforts you are
6. Coordination, interaction with the Free Software Foundation of
India; (www.gnu.org.in) and of course, support for their activities.
I know the 4th point will draw flames; but I have found people
confusing access to code for users' freedom. After GNOME is a GNU
project, and primary copyright is owned by the FSF.
Mahesh T. Pai, LL.M.,
'NANDINI', S. R. M. Road,
] [Thread Prev