Re: [evolution] String freeze break plea for gnome-43 branch

        Hi,

On Thu, 2022-09-22 at 12:30 +0200, Alexandre Franke wrote:
For my fellow i18n coordinator who will try to assess the situation
like I just did: the link is to an issue that’s closed. It links to a
related MR, which has been merged a while ago and is not what Milan
is trying to get approved here. The issues is closed via a commit
that contains the actual strings. I supposed that commit was on the
main branch and Milan is asking for approval to backport.

Err, right, my fault, I should rather link the commit itself, than its
corresponding bug report.
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/commit/c12bb7fa4380a28992fb99ad9e7173305b5065bc
The bug had been closed by that commit ~ an hour ago.

I suppose the other new strings about icon size in the commit are not
going to be backported.

I thought of using both options, to have 1:1 correspondence of the
change between the stable and the development branch, but yes, I can
skip it.

The second string feels a bit weird. In “and uses it”, what does the
“it” refer to? I suggest rephrasing this, e.g. "When enabled, adds
buttons to the header bar. This applies to dialogs as well. Changing
the option requires application restart."

You deciphered it right, the 'it' is as 'the option'. I just changed it
to your string:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/commit/96bdef5a015f9c1bd9736333943eaae11dc1b542

From a pure i18n perspective, the request is reasonable and here is
approval 1/2. Please add the strings ASAP once you get the second
approval, so translators get as much time as possible before the .1
release.

Sure thing. Thank you.

        Bye,
        Milan