Re: What needs to be done to give the "GNOME System Administration Guide" into the repository?

On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 5:59 PM Rafael Fontenelle <rafaelff gnome org> wrote:
Hello,

Hi,

First, I noticed that most of your contributions in this module were upload as Comments. I'm not sure if Damned Lies will even consider them as translations when submitting the contribution to the source code repository. Therefore, I highly recommend that you apply the actions 'Reserve for translation' and 'Upload the new translation' with the 100% translated PO file.

Second, submitting to the repository is only available to coordinators and committers, and I see you have just the translator role. Please make sure your contribution is reviewed by someone non-Translator (reviewer, committer, coordinator).

Yes. The state needs to be Translated (or Proofread) for Damned lies to know there is something that can be committed. The Submit to repository is indeed available to coordinators and committers.

See also https://l10n.gnome.org/static/img/workflow-translation.png

Third, the 'Submit to repository' action is available when 'Ready for submission' or 'Reserve to submit actions or applied. Before that, that action is not available. Obviously, only available for coordinators/committers.

Incorrect. Translated is enough, so that a committer that proofreads can immediately submit once they’re done without having to do too many actions (reserving and then marking as ready, before submitting).  Proof-reading is strongly recommended though.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker