Re: Please add 42 release-notes

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 4:53 PM Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net> wrote:
Le 23.03.22 à 15:07, Sophie Herold a écrit :
Hey!

I created an emergency-solution to have translations for the release
notes. The strings are now frozen as well.

The release notes are at
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Design/release-notes

- po-homepage contains general homepage strings
- po-42 containts the strings for the 42 release notes

Can someone add this to damned lies?

Hi Sophie,

What's your strategy about branching?

There used to be a branch per release, now I struggle to see any
structure in existing branches.

I don’t think Sophie can answer that. All she did is jump to our
rescue and set up the i18n infrastructure to solve the fact the new
site was not translatable.

CCing Jakub. I think he did the set up for the new site, and he seems
a better fit for the branching question.

Frankly, it looks like all work done by translators in past releases in
release branches was wiped out. Doesn't look very fair to me.

Yes, although if you look at the new content, it is vastly different
and it doesn’t seem like there would be that much in common between
the old and new site.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker