Re: [DL]String additions to 'libgweather.main'

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 5:48 PM Emmanuele Bassi via gnome-i18n
<gnome-i18n gnome org> wrote:
Hi all;

Hi,

these are location names that did not exist in the database, so are effectively newly translatable
strings—but they are physical places, so they can be left untranslated without any particular loss.

Let’s call this a break request and here is approval 1/2.

As a side note: I'm not entirely sure most of the locations in the libgweather database need to be
translated in the first, so it would be nice to have a discussion with the i18n teams at large, to see if
we can reduce the amount of translatable strings for the next cycle.

I’m not sure I see the logic behind that. What makes you think
translations are not needed? A speaker of a given language surely has
a better chance of knowing a place by their localised names, don’t
they? Also, locations are using a separate domain, so it’s easy to
just translate `po` and leave `locations` out.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker