Re: Empty notifications, or untranslated notifications? Tough choice

On Thu, 2021-07-22 at 08:53 +0100, Abderrahim Kitouni wrote:
Hi,

Le mer. 21 juil. 2021 à 19:11, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> a
écrit :

Hey!

What do you fine folks of the translation persuasion prefer?

This is the wrong question to ask. You want to write "I'd like to
request a string freeze exception to backport $MR to the GNOME 40
branch." and then a paragraph explaining the bug it fixes and the
strings added.

I know how to ask for string freezes, thanks, but it's not really
helpful, as it's not going to be the experience users would encounter.

There are 97 language translations, and they're unlikely to be updated
in short order, contrary to branches that are in-development and close
to release.

So question stands.

If the exception isn't granted, you can then discuss alternatives.

Out of curiosity, what do you think an alternative would be? Because I
can't think of any really.