Re: Empty notifications, or untranslated notifications? Tough choice

I don't really get why you would want an empty notification with just the battery icon.
Therefore, I prefer the notification with text.

Why did you ask this question on the translators' mailing list, though? What do we have to do with that?
(I'm not mad at you, just curious...)
Philipp

Am Mi., 21. Juli 2021 um 21:40 Uhr schrieb Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>:
On Wed, 2021-07-21 at 21:00 +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 21 2021 at 20:10:59 +0200, Bastien Nocera
> <hadess hadess net> wrote:
> > Hey!
> >
> > What do you fine folks of the translation persuasion prefer?
> >
> > Empty low battery notifications like this one:
> > https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-settings-daemon/-/issues/607
> > or untranslated notifications like one you can generate with:
> > notify-send -i battery-caution-symbolic "Device battery low"
> > "Device
> > is
> > low in power (10%)"
> >
> > Thoughts more than welcome in:
> > https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-settings-daemon/-/merge_requests/252
> > which I'll cherry-pick in the GNOME 40 branch.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> Why "untranslated notifications"?
> I see translatable strings in !252

Because it will need to be backported to GNOME 40 as mentioned just
above your reply.