Re: Making my application international

Thank you for your answer!

After reading xgettext documentation I was able to generate my .po files, I created and edited two of them: en_GB and pt_BR. I added them to my /po directory and added en_GB and pt_BR to my LINGUAS file, no errors were shown during compilation nor when exporting the package. I installed the app on my machine but no translations were applied (My system locale is pt_BR)!

Any clues on what I should do?

Do you know somewhere else I can ask this question?

PS: Also, you were right, many pages were outdated (were talking about GTK 2)
Gustavo

Em sáb., 26 de set. de 2020 às 13:02, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> escreveu:
Hi,

On Sat, 2020-09-26 at 09:05 -0300, Gustavo Peredo via gnome-i18n wrote:
> TL; DR: How to begin translating a GTK Application using po?

In theory: https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/DevGuidelines

In practice I'm not sure how heavily outdated some of those wiki pages
might be (meson etc). So this email might be useless in the end. :)

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/