Making my application international

Good morning,

TL; DR: How to begin translating a GTK Application using po?

I'm looking forward to making translations for my application (https://github.com/GustavoPeredo/font-downloader), I read the docs but couldn't really understand how to begin translating a GTK application.

I'm following GNOME Builder's app template. Inside the 'po' folder I have three files : "LINGUAS", "POTFILES" and "meson.build", by looking at some other projects, I'm assuming that "LINGUAS" is the file that lists the supported locales (de, en_GB, pt_BR etc...) and "POTFILES" is the file that lists files that are going to have translations applied to.

By using gettext.py, I'm able to create a .pot file with all texts from my window.py file (which has only one text) and apply translations depending on LOCAL, BUT I'm not able to get the texts from glade.ui files nor apply translations to themĀ + the method I was using (which is similar to this answer: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10094335/how-to-bind-a-text-domain-to-a-local-folder-for-gettext-under-gtk3/10540744#10540744) is very different from Apostrophe's dev approach (and GNOME Builder's default, as seen in the auto generated main.py file).

Here is what I want to do: Generate pot files according to "POTFILES"'s files list, have these translations built by meson and use these pot files in my python application, but I don't know how.

I'll be very thankful for resources on beginning translation in a GNOME project, but merge requests and direct solutions are also welcome.

Thank you for your attention,
Gustavo.