Translations for GNOME-related projects

Hi,

Is there a list of guidelines or requirements for projects to be made part of
the GNOME Translation Project?

The background is that Purism has three or four projects that could benefit
from being translated in concert with other GNOME applications and resources.
These are currently hosted on Purism's GitLab instance at

  https://source.puri.sm/

with the translations at the public Zanata server, which is now in maintenance
mode:

  https://translate.zanata.org/

The projects I am thinking of are Phosh, Calls and Chats/Chatty:

  https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/phosh/
  https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/calls/
  https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/chatty/

Two points come to mind:

1. Is there an interest in including those projects in the Translation Project?
2. Would it be technically possible to do so while they are still hosted at
   Purism or would they need to migrated to GNOME's GitLab instance?

Another issue is that Purism has a number of "downstream forks" of various
GNOME applications with slightly different sets of translatable strings, such
as gnome-control-center and gnome-initial-setup. Could these also be part of
the GNOME translation effort?

The main obstacle I can see here is that it might not be desirable for the
Translation Project to work on forks, even if they are short-lived and will
eventually be upstreamed when mobile-related features appear in upstream
projects. Additionally, I can see that it might be confusing to have both
original projects and forks under the same umbrella.

What do people think? Thanks in advance for any responses!

Regards,

David Boddie
--
David Boddie