Re: Online translation platform adoption?

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 at 16:32, mousavi.arash--- via gnome-i18n <gnome-i18n gnome org> wrote:
Hey,

This has been discussed and resurfaced every once in a while. I think
the main issue is that the GNOME's L10N decision makers have no
interest in going this path and regular members also have no power or
knowledge to do it or don't know where to start. As a contributor for
many years, I sometimes feel L10N in GNOME is not getting much love
from GNOME and is left in oblivion.

I have no idea what "getting much love from GNOME" means: the localisation teams *are* GNOME.

If localisation teams have a plan to improve the localisation of GNOME, then they should put forward a set of steps. If that includes a new translation platform, then they should contact the GNOME system administrators and figure out how to include that platform in the GNOME infrastructure.

For instance: what are the requirements for installing Weblate? Is there a container that can be installed? How does Weblate integrate with our Gettext-based internationalisation structure? How does it integrate with Git/GitLab?

Until somebody takes the initiative, things won't really change.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.