Re: GIMP update

El vie., 29 may. 2020 a las 20:17, Milo (<mivir milotype de>) escribió:

We had this same conversation in the past and gogo explained us his reasons. You can read it here:
Yes, I know that … it was no help at all … because none of my 26 translations was ever reviewed since july 2019!

In one word: meritocracy. Unless you create a new translation team or current coordinator in missing for a long time, is your team's leader who can promote you to prrofreader, commiter or even coordinator.
I don't care much about meritocracy, mediocracy, autocracy, democracy or any other *-cy. My point is that the coordinator is not responding and is not supportive – missing for a long time is not the problem, because he keeps translating. If the policy of "Team Coordinator Responsibilities" https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/TeamCoordinatorResponsibilities isn't important, then just drop it! Until then, I do insist on the coordinator's compliance to the existing policy …

Yo should, at least when you ask how things are done. if you want to collaborate in a project you must know how it works, Expecting your collaborations be accepted at any time is not the proper way.

> If your team coordinator wants to use Ubuntu's terminology for Orca it's his own decision: it might be wrong or not, but i18n cannot say which option is correct. If you don't agree with it yuo have two options: assume it won't change and follow that policy or leave the project. Sorry if it sounds too hard, but it's what I think (and what I would do in your situation).
Sorry, but translators translate for users. Blind users certainly have special needs. Ignoring such translations is simply ignorant/autocratic!

This is a team's coordinator decission. You might disagree with it, but i18n cannot take a decision here. you should discuss about it with your coordinator

Again, we only see one side of the problem. We'd like to hear gogo's version about this problem. I have not background about previous conversations between gogo and you.
Well, he promised he'l respond, but there is no answer until now …

Milo