Re: [evolution] Clashing string in translatable text

czw., 27 lut 2020 o 09:33 Milan Crha via gnome-i18n
<gnome-i18n gnome org> napisał(a):

On Wed, 2020-02-26 at 16:50 +0100, Alexandre Franke wrote:
Your case here falls under the “Change or addition
of a message that is not marked for translation” category, i.e. the
strings are already present in the code and they are just not
available for translators to translate.

        Hi,
not exactly, the string is marked for translation (that's how the
translator found it) and it either needs a context or other way to
distinguish the meaning in different, well, contexts.

The general rule is that developers should not touch translations
even if they want to help translators. I’ll let Piotr confirm whether
he thinks it applies to your specific case.

Okay, let's wait. I'd prefer to use gtk+ translations, but both options
work for me.
        Thanks and bye,
        Milan

So by “using GTK translations”, you mean copying existing translations
to Evolution’s po files, or tapping into the GTK translation domain?
The former is problematic, the latter you’re free to do.

Best regards,

--
Piotr Drąg
https://piotrdrag.fedorapeople.org