Re: Balsa license issue

Hi Piotr!

On 02/19/2020 10:57:00 AM Wed, Piotr Drąg wrote:
śr., 19 lut 2020 o 01:01 Peter Bloomfield
<PeterBloomfield bellsouth net> napisał(a):

> Dear Translators,
>
> Many thanks for all your efforts on the Balsa e-mail client!
>
> I need some advice. The Kinyarwanda translation file (po/rw.po) has the usual license statement: "This file is distributed
under the same license as the balsa package" but it also has 4 LICENSE BLOCKs referring to the Mozilla Public License Version
1.1, with the language "Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1".

> The project is otherwise entirely GPLv2+, so these blocks are inconsistent with the generic license terms.
I would like to have them deleted, but I've not been able to contact either of the committers who introduced
them.

> Has an issue like this arisen in other modules?

This is probably not very helpful, but there is a similar
long-standing issue with the Turkmen translation of atk:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Translation/tk/issues/1

Best regards,

--
Piotr Drąg
https://piotrdrag.fedorapeople.org

That is actually very helpful! One way forward is to create an issue[0] where it can be discussed. If there's
no resulting action, we could also discuss further steps.

Best,

Peter

[0] https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Translation/rw/issues/1