Re: Balsa license issue

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 1:01 AM Peter Bloomfield
<PeterBloomfield bellsouth net> wrote:
Dear Translators,

Hi,

I need some advice. The Kinyarwanda translation file (po/rw.po) has the usual license statement: "This file
is distributed under the same license as the balsa package" but it also has 4 LICENSE BLOCKs referring to
the Mozilla Public License Version 1.1, with the language "Version: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1".

The project is otherwise entirely GPLv2+, so these blocks are inconsistent with the generic license terms.
I would like to have them deleted, but I've not been able to contact either of the committers who
introduced them.

Has an issue like this arisen in other modules?

First time I hear about such a case. My advice would be that we are
not lawyers and thus are not qualified to give you any advice. You
should reach out to the GNOME Foundation board and ask them to put you
in touch with one of their lawyer (be specific about your issue).

Good luck.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker