Re: Unauthorized translation changes in dconf-editor

<mcatanzaro gnome org> schrieb am Mo., 18. März 2019, 15:17:
Please keep gnome-i18n gnome org CCed

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 5:02 AM, Arnaud Bonatti
<arnaud bonatti gmail com> wrote:
> Hi Jeremy and Michael, hi release-team,

> <mcatanzaro gnome org>:
>>  I see:
>>

>> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/dconf-editor/commits/maintainer-only-3-32/po
>>
>>  which seems pretty excessive. You probably wouldn't be very happy if
>>  translators starting introducing unexpected changes outside of po/,
>>  right? In the same way, the translators would prefer you to not make
>>  changes under po/.
>
> That’s my role as a maintainer to ensure that the product that is
> taggued as stable does not look broken.

Your role as a maintainer doesn't include unauthorized changes of po files, which aren't approved by the translation teams and get released secretly via a "maintainer only" Git branch. As I already wrote one year ago: Never touch po files, really never! If you don't stop with your willful "fixes" and "improvements", we should consider to remove dconf-editor (and any other software maintained by you) from the Damned Lies pages.

Best Regards,
Mario