Re: String Freeze break request: gnome-menus Sundry

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 1:37 PM Jeremy Bicha <jbicha ubuntu com> wrote:
If it is not approved, then upgraders with a Sundry app installed
(like dconf-editor) will have an app folder named "X-GNOME-Sundry" in
the Show Applications view of the Activities Overview in GNOME Shell.
My merge request will restore the name to a translatable "Sundry"

That’s bad, 1/2 from i18n.

I’m also curious about previous translation of that term: would they get reused?

Although I could easily add those translations back myself (for
languages that have removed the translation), I think in GNOME we
generally let translators handle that themselves.

Sure, that is the best way to do it. In some cases though translations
are automatically reused because they weren’t actually removed just
unused, and I wondered whether this was one of those cases.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker