Re: geary string freeze and upcoming release

Hey Alexandre,

Thanks for updating the translation!

On Wed, 30 Jan, 2019 at 4:53 AM, Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> wrote:
I started reviewing the French translation and I already have a couple notes:

* the copyright string still ends in 2018, not 2019.

Ah yes, I guess that should be done.

* We can’t figure out what a “paned grabber” is and translating all strings that mention it is quite difficult.

A paned is a GtkPaned: <https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkPaned.html>, so the grabber is the part of the UI that has a texture to make it look like one can do something with it. I'm not sure Adwaita even draws a texture for it these days, however.

Anyway it is indeed poorly phrased, but not a big deal since it's in the GSettings schema docs, and so not really end-user facing.