Re: Untranslatable string in gnome-shell/gdm

sob., 2 lut 2019 o 11:36 Carmen Bianca Bakker <carmen carmenbianca eu>
napisał(a):

Hello all,

I am translating GNOME to Esperanto.  I am running into one string that
I do not appear to be able to translate, however.  It is the "Password:"
string on the GNOME lockscreen/login screen.  I have attached a
screenshot of Fedora Rawhide on this screen.

gnome-shell _does_ contain a "Password:" string, and I have translated
it accordingly:

#: js/ui/components/keyring.js:107 js/ui/components/polkitAgent.js:297
msgid "Password:"
msgstr "Pasvorto:"

But it's no good.

GDM contains no such string, though it has the same untranslated string
on-screen (no screenshot).

Does someone know how to solve this?

Hi Carmen,

I’m 90% sure the string is from the PAM project, which you can
translate at https://fedora.zanata.org/project/view/linux-pam

It would be great for GDM to stop using PAM’s strings, though, as it
is seldom updated and released, and also has bugs that are not fixed
for years (https://github.com/linux-pam/linux-pam/issues/29).

Best regards,

--
Piotr Drąg