Re: About gimp user manual translation...

Em qui, 13 de set de 2018 às 07:25, Jehan Pagès via gnome-i18n
<gnome-i18n gnome org> escreveu:

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 10:44 AM Snehalata Shirude <snehalata shirude gmail com> wrote:

Hello

One is from $ git clone git://git.gnome.org/gimp-help-2

Another is https://l10n.gnome.org/module/gimp-help/

Oh ok. That's not a gimp.org website. I have no idea then. I assume this should be more or less up-to-date,
but Claude would know better than I.

The translator should get the PO file from Damned Lies (l10n.gnome.org).

Why the difference of files:  When the developer pushes a commit with
new or changed strings, Damned Lies updates the PO file locally (in
its own store), so the translator can grab the PO file up-to-date with
the new or changed strings.  Meanwhile, the PO file the VCS repository
(in case, git.gnome.org/gimp-help-2) will not be updated
(automatically), unless the developer update it (which shouldn't be
needed) or the translator commits and push an updated version of PO
file.

(Claude, please correct any inaccuracy)

Rafael Fontenellle