Re: string freeze break for Builder 3.30

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 3:37 PM Christian Hergert <christian hergert me> wrote:
On the gnome-builder-3-30 branch, I've included a fix for a scenario
where we cause some bad things to happen in Gtk. To fix this properly, I
had to introduce a couple of new strings.

A new page is displayed while a previous editor session is restored. The
new strings are:

  Restoring previous session
  Your previous session will be ready momentarily.

This will mean that those 2 new strings won't be translated in Ubuntu
18.10 unless we opt gnome-builder out of using Ubuntu language packs.

Specifically, the problem is that the final Ubuntu 18.10 language
packs were generated today just over an hour before I prepared a
cherry-pick update of gnome-builder. Ubuntu doesn't update its
language packs very often in non-LTS releases. (There might not be a
language pack update for 18.10.)

I guess it's acceptable if those strings aren't translated, but this
is something to think about next time you're thinking about adding or
changing strings 2 months after String Freeze.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha