Re: Release of GIMP 2.10.2 planned for Sunday 20 of May

Hi!

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 12:34 AM, Jehan Pagès <jehan marmottard gmail com> wrote:
Howdy everyone!

Sorry for the quite short notice. We are planning a release of GIMP 2.10.2 on Sunday 20 May 2018.
The 2.10.x series is still on the "master" branch right now.

I fucked up a bit and forgot to uncomment the appdata <release> tag the other day. So that adds 2 strings to translate at the last second! Sorry all!

Jehan

P.S.: of course, these are "just" release info metadata, it's not inside GIMP itself so don't stress out too much if you can't have these translated by release time (which should be very soon some time today).

As you probably know, GIMP recently changed its "no new feature" policy in stable series. This means that from now on, our minor releases may have various changes, including some string changes, and even new features. This is the case of this upcoming 2.10.2 which has a few new features.

So that's the part that I give you a heads-up on the acceleration of release schedule at GIMP and more string change possible. Though obviously there will be a lot less string change on this series than on the GTK+3 port, it is still more than the 2.8 series.

In any case, I can see we have a few complete and many nearly-complete translations already. That's nice!
Thanks for all the hard work! You rock!

Jehan
GIMP