Re: Application to Take Over as zh_CN Team Coordinator

Hi,

I don't actually know what the 'special token' is - I'd simply ignore
that.  If the coordinator agrees to the change, then everything is
done.  But the agreement must come directly from the coordinator (as
an e-mail).  The best option is if you can convince the coordinator
*first*, in private, and then take over by following the indicated
procedure.

If the old coordinator never responds, then hopefully someone will
allow you to become coordinator.  And maybe I or someone else can
commit your translations meanwhile, e.g. in time for one of the
releases.

If he disagrees, well, I totally understand your frustration, but the
i18n admins (BTW I am not an admin, just coordinator for Danish) like
to keep their hands clean while issues are settled 'internally'.  So
it might take some time to resolve this, and it'll be much easier by
mutual agreement.  The main thing in the end is to get some kind of
statement from the old coordinator.  There is also the option of
asking to become a committer instead, as a compromise, even if you
know that he's not doing much 'coordination'.

Having many uncommitted translations while the translation percentage
is persistently falling is a good argument IMHO.

Best regards
Ask

I have been able to get in touch with our coordinator. Though there have been some minor arguments, I'm happy to report that we have come up with an agreement for our future plans:

- He (Aron Xu) will try and improve his efficiency with committing updates.
- I am now made a reviewer and will be able to better prepare him for future commits.

Case closed, for now.

Best Regards,
Mingcong Bai