Re: gnome-builder status

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 3:34 PM, Baurzhan Muftakhidinov
<baurthefirst gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

Hi,

Is gnome-builder following gnome release schedule?

It is in the sense that it is getting released at the same time as the
rest of GNOME. It is however not following the freezes for various
reasons which Christian will probably be better able to explain than
myself, but in a nutshell developer tools need to be able to move
fast.

If not why not move it to Extra gnome apps on l10n.gnome.org?

We think it is important that Builder gets the attention of
translators for at least two reasons:
* it showcases the latest technologies we have, often driving those changes
* developer tools are what make or break a platform, and it is
therefore important to make them available to the largest number of
people possible

Moving it to Extra would probably have a negative impact. That being
said, translation teams could lower its priority within the GNOME
release set, to minimize the impact of the lack of freeze. They should
also be aware that Christian makes many point releases to the stable
series, giving translations enough opportunities to be included if
they are late.

We are of course open to suggestions regarding how to handle this situation.

Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director