Re: Pitivi Import Dialog Redesign

Hey,
I should have been more clear, we are not as concerned about strings as we are about the layout. Particularly stuff like (in Option B) the sentence being somewhat split between a label and a combo-box (ie "Use optimised media for - Unsupported Assets").

You can find the current dialog + new mockups here - https://imgur.com/a/MXgtibA

Unfortunately, I don't have any .po files the new designs because right now they are just mockups. If its any help, the only strings we are concerned about are the labels for the check-boxes and radio-buttons visible in the images and whether their new layout will have a adverse effect on ease of localisation.

You can look the .po file of the current dialog, if that's any help, here - https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/pitivi/blob/master/po/de.po#L1186

Regards,
Yatin

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 5:54 PM Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
Hi,

On Sun, 2018-07-22 at 00:44 +0530, Yatin Maan via gnome-i18n wrote:
> I am a student working with Pitivi this summer under GSoC'18.
>
> We have come up with a new design for our import dialog and wanted to
> be sure that it would be easy to localize.
>
> It would be helpful if someone can provide feedback on the new
> designs.

Thanks for your email.

Hard to say without seeing all strings, and seeing them in a po file.
See https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/DevGuidelines
for general guidelines.

(For future reference it would be also welcome to have such mockups
uploaded as images to a service which respects my privacy.)

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/