Re: Date Format with month names in genitive case - your opinions?

23.01.2018 08:51 Милош Поповић <gpopac gmail com> wrote:

It would be great to get the opinion from the entire language community,
although I didn’t get any reply from others for Serbian.

Good idea to get more opinions.

Personally I think we
will benefit from this change, but it will initially make a huge mess.

I just hoped that you will benefit after having read your old answers.
As far as I understand, the impact of this bug in Serbian (and same in
Czech and Slovak) is not huge so you may decide to postpone the change.
A plan may be: first reword all "%B" and "%b" translations to "%OB"
and "%Ob", respectively, except those which should remain in a genitive
case. Then introduce the change to the locale data. I think that
previously you have measured that there are about 20 occurrences of
"%OB" and "%Ob" in whole GNOME projects and all of them should be in
a nominative case in Serbian while only 2 or 3 should be in a genitive
case.

Or you may decide that this change is not needed in your language
and leave everything as is. That's a good option if you and your
community decide this.

Regards,

Rafal