Re: Translation Context for sort in czech

On 18-01-18 14:03, Petr Kovar wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 13:50:02 +0100
Carlos Soriano <csoriano gnome org> wrote:

Hey all,

I asked Rahul to send an email because we couldn't figure out what is the
problem in Czech for the word "Sort" that is explained in that issue. Do
any Czech person (Andre? :P) understand the problem explained in the issue
and what context does it require for Czech people to be able to translate
it properly?

In case you need to check in the actual UI of Nautilus, the two uses of the
word Sort are (Nautilus 3.26):
1- Preferences -> Views -> Sort
2- Hamburguer menu -> Sort (as title of one of the menu sections)
In both cases I would say it is a verb (infinitive).
Just my 2 cents,
Hannie
Just a wild guess: the former could be translated as a noun (třídění) while
the latter as a verb (třídit).

"When marking strings for translations, there may be certain strings that
are used in more than one context, and so may need different translations.
In these cases, you should use translation contexts to disambiguate them. "

https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/DevGuidelines/Translation%20contexts

Best,
pk