Re: 3.30 release notes ready for translation

Hi,

Den fre. 31. aug. 2018 kl. 09.36 skrev Daniel Mustieles García via
gnome-i18n <gnome-i18n gnome org>:

Hi Alexandre,

I agree with you but marking those strings as translated doesn't reflect the an accurate status but the
frustration is not the main reason to do that. Note that leaving those strings untranslated don't allow us
to know if the module has been updated with new strings needing attention or not, so if I leave a module at
99% with some image strings not translated I will revisit that module to check if that 99% is due to new
translatable strings or due to the untranslated images.

So I'm sorry for disagreeing but in muy case I will keep translating those strings to avoid wasting time
re-checking modules again and again until we can reach a better solution for that.

Very true.  We cannot sacrifice our everyday workflow efficiency
(beeing able to see if we need to translate strings or not in a given
module) for the sake of slightly more accurate translation statistics.
We'd rather worry about how to mark those strings the day we get the
time and resources to start localizing the screenshots.

Best regards
Ask

Regards

Hi fellow translators,