Re: 3.30 release notes ready for translation

Hi fellow translators,

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 4:20 PM Link Dupont <link sub-pop net> wrote:
They are now done and ready for translation! The notes can be found in
the gnome-3-30 branch of the release-notes repository. I will be adding
images this week.

While looking into details of the 3.28 translations, I found out that many teams mark screenshots as “translated but uses the original”. Please don’t do that. I understand that seeing something not at 100% is frustrating but this is not a good reason to do it. If you don’t have the time or if it is too difficult to reproduce, then just leave the screenshot untranslated. The result will be the same for readers (original screenshot will be shown) but at least we get an accurate representation of the state.

This of course doesn’t apply to logos and other such images that indeed can be used as is in the localized version.

Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker