Re: FYI: Khazakh script change

Thanks, Rafal!

It is not yet known whether there would be two writing systems or just one,
or any details on implementation dates.

I think there will be update on this from the government, let's wait for that.

Best regards,

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 1:08 PM, Rafal Luzynski <digitalfreak lingonborough com> wrote:
29.10.2017 11:56 Baurzhan Muftakhidinov <baurthefirst gmail com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  It is called Kazakhstan in English.
>
>  I'd rather wait for further actions from the government, for implementation
> plan, at least. Shouldn't the locale definition be added to glibc first?

On behalf of glibc: would you like this change to be applied now?
Will you file a bugzilla ticket? [1] The process will be easier if
you file a ticket to CLDR first and they accept the change. [2]

Will there be a dual writing system (Cyrillic + Latin) maintained,
like in Serbia? Is an automatic conversion between the systems
possible so you will have to provide only one translation and
the other one will be generated automatically?

Best regards,

Rafal

[1] https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=glibc
[2] http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/newticket